Local and Regional Information
Bainbridge NY is strategically located at the intersection of State Highways 7 and 206. The Village center is a short distance from exit 8 of Interstate Highway 88 (also called the Senator Warren M. Anderson* Expressway) which is the main artery between Albany NY and Binghamton NY. After exiting the highway, travel west on Rt 206, continue halfway around the traffic circle, cross the Hugh A. Kearney Memorial Bridge over the Susquehanna River and proceed directly into the Village.
Bainbridge is approximately 30 minutes from both Oneonta NY (exits 13, 14, and 15 on Interstate 88) and Binghampton NY (the intersection of Interstates 81 and 88, and State Highways 7 and 17.) Bainbridge is part of the beautiful Southern Tier Region of New York State.
*Warren Anderson was a longtime Republican leader in the New York State Senate who helped to bail New York City out of its fiscal crisis in the mid-1970s.
The Village of Bainbridge lies wholly within the Town of Bainbridge NY. The Town of Bainbridge is one of 21 Towns in Chenango County. Chenango County is one of 62 Counties in New York State. Click here for more information on Chenango County. Chenango County shares borders with Broom, Cortland, Delaware, Madison and Otsego counties.
The Bainbridge Development Corp maintains a catalog of properties in and around the Village that are suitable for siting industrial, commercial and residential development. Please contact the Village Office to get further information.
Other local municipalities
Norwich ( Chenango County Seat )
Getting here from nearby metropolitan centers (drive time):
Albany NY -- 2.5 hours
Boston MA -- 5 hours
Buffalo NY -- 4 hours
Hartford CT -- 3.5 hours
Rochester NY -- 3 hours
Schenectady NY -- 2 hours
Syracuse NY -- 1.5 hours
Toronto Ontario Canada -- 6 hours
Utica NY -- 1.5 hours
New York City NY -- 3.5 hours
White Plains NY -- 3 hours
Regional Airports and Distances
- Sidney Municipal airport - 8 mins or 4 miles from the Village. Bainbridge shares this airport with its neighbor, Sidney NY. For more information about the airport, click here.
- Greater Binghamton Airport - 43 mins, 37 miles.
- Syracuse Hancock Airport - 1 hr 43 mins, 90 miles.
- Ithaca Tompkins Regional Airport, 1 Culligan Dr, Ithaca, NY - 1 hr 19 mins, 59 miles.
- Lt. Warren E. Eaton Airport in Norwich NY - 35 mins, 25 miles.
- Oneonta Municipal Airport - 35 mins, 33 miles.
- Albany International Airport - 2 hrs 9 mins, 105 miles.
- Elmira-Corning Regional Airport - 1 hr 29 mins, 97 miles.
- Griffiss International Airport in Rome NY - 1 hr 35 mins, 80 miles.
- Hamilton Municipal Airport in Hamilton NY - 1 hr 6 mins, 46 miles.
- Warwick Municipal Airport in Warwick NY - 2 hr 9 mins, 125 miles.
- Buffalo Niagra International Airport - 3 hrs 34 mins, 223 miles.
- Stewart International Airport in Newburgh NY - 2 hrs 7 mins, 129 miles.
- Newark International Airport - 3 hrs 14 mins, 196 miles.
- Boston-Logan International Airport - 4 hrs 9 mins, 276 miles.
- Greater Rochester International Airport - 2 hrs 51 mins, 175 miles.
- JFK International Airport - 3 hrs 41 mins, 189 miles.
- Laguardia Airport - 3 hrs 11 mins, 180 miles.
- Wilkes-Barre/Scranton International Airport - 1 hr 35 mins, 93 miles.
The main line of the Norfolk Southern Railway between Binghamton to Albany passes directly through the Village. There is currently no passenger traffic on this line.
The Susquehanna River forms the eastern boundary of the Village. The Susquehanna River is heavily used by canoeists, kayakers, fishermen and hunters. It is a wonderful, year-round recreation asset to the Village. The Susquehanna, which flows from Otsego Lake in Cooperstown NY, is the site of the annual General Clinton Canoe regatta, a 66 mile endurance race, which ends at the General Clinton Park, just north of the Village. Other local rivers include the Unadilla River which flows into the Susquehanna near Sidney NY and the Chenango River which joins the Susquehanna in Binghamton.
Major Local Business Operations (click on name to be redirected to website)
Acco Brands, Sidney NY
Amphenol Corporation, Sidney NY
Raymond Corporation, Greene NY
Unilam Corporation, Unadilla NY
Chobani, New Berlin NY
Upturn Industries, Bainbridge NY
Golden Artist Colors Inc, New Berlin NY
Local Recreation Facilities
Village Green Park, Bainbridge
Town Pool and Pavilion, Bainbridge
Payne Park, Bainbridge
General Clinton Park and walking trail, Bainbridge
Afton Golf Course, Afton NY
Sidney Golf Course, Sidney NY
Regional Recreation Facilities
Baseball Hall of Fame, Cooperstown NY
Oquaga Creek State Park, a 1,385-acre state park in Broome, Delaware, and Chenango counties near Deposit NY
Chenago County section of the 580 mile Fingerlakes Trail
Regional Educational Facilities
SUNY Binghamton, Vestal NY
SUNY Oneonta, Oneonta NY
Cornell University, Ithaca NY
Davis College, Johnson City, NY
Empire State College, Binghamton NY
Ithaca College, Ithaca NY
SUNY Delhi, Delhi NY
SUNY Cortland, Cortland NY
Broome County Community College, Binghamton NY
Hartwick College, Oneonta NY
SUNY Morrisville, Norwich Campus, Norwich NY
Bainbridge Chamber of Commerce
Bainbridge Development Corporation
Bainbridge Lions Club
Bainbridge Rotary Club
Bainbridge Community Chest
Bainbridge Community Foundation
Silvernail Chapter of the American Legion
Bainbridge Volunteer Fire Department
Jericho Arts Council, Inc.